Important notes before doing anything:
Note #1: Only perform system updates through system menu.
Note #2: Only GW3D prefixed version numbers should be updated.
Note #3: If only for the MH4, Zelda…etc new games playing, you just simply download the firmware 3.0 and copy the “Launcher.dat” to SD card to overwrite the old one, and play the game directly, please do not try the emuNAND feature at the moment because Nintendo updated their eShop and firmware to V7.0.0-13 today(Dec 10th), please wait for our next coming updating for emuNAND .
See the following steps:
1.Ensure the 3DS SD card has more than 1GB of free space.
2. Boot in “R4iGold 3DS V3.0″ menu by pressing “L” while selecting the DS Profile.
3. In “R4iGold 3DS V3.0″ menu, select “BACKUP SYSTEM NAND” and wait for the process to complete. Exit (by selecting the first icon “R4IGOLD BOOT”) and shutdown your 3DS.
4. Copy all files and folders from SD Card (For 3DS) to PC. Then put the SD card back in 3DS.
5. Launch “R4iGold 3DS V3.0″ menu again, select “FORMAT EMUNAND” option and wait for the process to complete.
Attention: (This step will format the SD card and delete everything on it. Be sure to backup your SD card to PC before doing it.)
6. Exit the menu (by selecting the first icon “R4IGOLD BOOT”).
Note: If you get stuck on the grey scanline screen, shutdown and reboot in R4IGOLD mode (without “L”).
You are now in EmuNAND!
Optional: You can also do some visual changes using your Icons size/position and create/rename folders to differentiate both RealNAND and EmuNAND)
Attention, if you go to System Settings (to see if there’s “GW3D” text) and exit, the console will reboot and you will be back to RealNAND.
7. Shut down your 3DS, put the SD card on PC and delete the “Nintendo 3DS” folder visible on the SD card. Copy your previously backed up files and folders from your PC to the SD card (except “NAND.bin”). Put back the SD card into 3DS.
8. Without R4IGOLD mode, go to System Settings and delete all Internet settings from your Real NAND; then exit to the main menu.
9. Boot R4IGOLD mode (without “L”). You are now in EmuNAND (you should see the Icons are different if you did it the optional step previously)
10. Verify that Internet settings are intact on emuNAND.
11. Reboot the console.
(Optional and preventive). Double check that Internet settings are actually deleted from the actual NAND .
12. Boot R4IGOLD mode (without “L”). Go to System Settings, check for the letters GW3D on there and go straight to System Update.
DO NOT EXIT SETTINGS OR DO ANYTHING ELSE BEFORE UPDATING.
If you did something else, reboot the console and restart R4IGOLD Mode to launch EmuNAND again.
13. Enjoy the latest 3DS firmware.
Also note that this guide was made assuming that the system had already a registered hostpot before doing the EmuNAND partition.